C.J. has a cute little toddler toothbrush that is yellow and green and shaped like a dolphin. But he refuses to use it. He will only use his mom or dad's toothbrush, preferably one that just came out of our mouth! We say "aahh" and he opens his mouth briefly. We have about five seconds to do a quick brush of all of his teeth. And then he is ready to brush his teeth by himself. Really, it's more sucking the water from the toothbrush and chewing on it. And then running away with the toothbrush in hand.
Needless to say, we go through a lot of toothbrushes. By they time they turn up in the dirty clothes hamper or under the bed, we've moved on to new toothbrushes. The hard part is keeping track of which toothbrush belongs to which person.
Back to the photo. This is my (Margaret's) toothbrush. I know because I've been keeping very close track of it. And it has only only been used in my mouth. Until today. I found it on the sink next to the soap. This is where Barry puts his toothbrush when he's finished using it. Yup, he used MY toothbrush.
So now it is his. I've moved on to an electric toothbrush. One that totally freaks C.J. out if it goes near his mouth. So I think I'm safe. I guess I'll have to keep buying toothbrushes for Barry and C.J. though. But that's okay. At least they brush their teeth!
Too funny. Katherine is terrified of my electric toothbrush too.
ReplyDeleteRuby loves mine!
ReplyDelete