We are mourning the death of our friend, Ben Jacobsen. He passed away yesterday after a fight with cancer. Although we knew this was coming, the news has been hard to take--he was just so young and good and athletic and wonderful, and now leaving behind such a beautiful family.
The last time we saw Allison and Ben, we sat with them at a wedding reception a few summers ago. We had a lovely visit, and when we left I remember commenting on what great people they are. We had no idea what the coming months would bring.
But I am deeply comforted to know that Ben is just in a different place, free from the ailments of his physical body. And that one day, his spirit will reunite with his perfect body, and he will live in happiness with his family forever. That I know to be true. In the meantime, he will be one of many angels watching over his family. And I bet he has a good view.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment