Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


For Mother's Day our ward had all of the women meet together in Relief Society, while the Young Women and Priesthood took care of the kids. It was a nice break, and we had a special lesson where we took time to share things we have learned from our mothers. I've learned SO many things from my mom--I thought I'd list a few here!
  • Biz Bleach is a wonder detergent for getting out stains
  • The words, "What can I do to help?"
  • A love of games, and card games in particular
  • How to make a perfect custard
  • A fondness of books (but unlike my mom, I don't read the last chapter until I actually get there!)
  • Manners 
  • An optimistic outlook on life
  • The importance of laughter
  • "Point, point, pas de bourree"
And many, many more things. Thanks, Mom, for always being just a phone call away! I don't know what I'd do without you!

And here is C.J. with my dad. It's so fun to see how much he loves his Pop!



2 comments: