Well, it's time to start blogging again!
C.J. turned 5 last month. He is slowly overcoming his dislike of clothing. I think we're up to 4 t-shirts and 4 pairs of shorts that he'll wear! And when Aunt Penny was in town watching the boys (while Barry and I made an escape to the mountains with friends for two nights) she bought him socks that he'll wear, too! He must be growing up. He even asked me what "sexy" meant the other day. How do I answer that??
He is still quite the inventive child. I threw away a toothpaste box the other day and he asked at me in disbelief, "Why did you throw that away??" He quickly rescued it and put it in his bed with his other treasures. Boxes, string, tape, and paper -- definitely his favorite things. His monkey (from Aunt Penny) and flashlights are up there, too.
He is becoming more and more independent. Thursday, when I picked him up from day care (about a mile away from our home), he wasn't being very cooperative about putting his seatbelt on. I was trying really hard to be a good, calm, rational mother, so I gave him a choice: put your seatbelt on or walk home. I guess I wasn't being a SMART mom, because my idea backfired. C.J. thought for a minute and then smiled. "I think I know how to get home. I want to walk!" Oh no! I back-peddled, and told him I'd be worried about him - he responded that I should just look out the window and watch for a boy wearing his shirt and then I'd know when he got home... And that he isn't small anymore -- he IS going to be in Kindergarten, you know! I did finally convince him to just ride home with us. Lesson learned for Mom.
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment