Eli is really good at stairs. So good, I don't even worry about him. I was finally getting C.J. to eat his dinner last night when I saw Eli head down the stairs to the family room with a toy in hand. A few seconds later I heard a crash at the bottom of the stairs. I don't think he fell far, but it didn't help that his ride-n-walk car was in his way at the bottom.
He certainly wasn't himself after the fall -- he had a sad cry and wouldn't crawl, so Barry left work early and took him in to Kids Care just before they closed. He got home after midnight with an x-ray showing Eli's broken clavicle on his right shoulder. Good thing he's a lefty! (Well, I'm pretty sure he is.) So now he's got an ace bandage around him to keep him from moving his arm. It only takes 7-10 days to heal -- amazing! Apparently a clavicle break is the most common bone to break, and even more common among infants.
He's been a trooper today, just crying when we dressed him. He desperately wants to crawl, but his shoulder won't allow it. Hopefully the week will go by quickly!
Such a sweetie. I vote for no more stair falling in our family!
ReplyDelete