Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reasons to Celebrate!

1- My parents have been married for 50 years! We had an amazing time celebrating with them at Aspen Grove earlier this month.
2- Barry and I have been married 6 years. We spent our anniversary at the cabin. It was a beautiful weekend, though not very romantic with 2 kids demanding our attention. Next year--no kids!

3- C.J. hasn't had a bottle in 4 days! This also means no more changing his sheets in the middle of the night.

4- My bone marrow has stepped up and doing its job and my white blood cell counts are totally normal. No more taking my temperature twice a day. No more quarantine from sick people or crowds. No more visits to the hematologist. And best of all, no bone marrow biopsy.

5- Our dear friend, Mike Torsak is getting married tomorrow. We're thrilled for him and Michelle.

6- Peach season is here! Mmmm. I may have to go every day to Taco Amigo to get a fresh peach shake. They are low fat, aren't they??


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your blood stuff is better! Hooray for all the other things too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to read all your happy things. Scary to read about bone marrow biopsies, but I'm glad that has worked out. And I wish you hadn't said anything about peach shakes. Now I'm gonna go get one. NOW.

    ReplyDelete